A Windows application allowing for creating and managing a portable Postgres (PostgreSQL) database server, for development.
- Automated download, install and setup of Postgres.
- Automatic launch.
- Automatic setup of pgAdmin database profile.
- Launches psql command window with connection info and current directory.
- Detection of runtime issues, such as multiple instances of Postgres running and port binding.
- Wipe and reinstall within a few clicks, useful for development.
The latest binary can be found at: https://public.limpygnome.com/software/portable_postgres
- Automatic download of binary files.
- Automatic setup of database.
- Main UI.
- Debug console.
- Customise setup.
- Automatic detection of runtime issues.
Requires Windows XP and above, with Microsoft .NET 2.0.